There are many benefits to using wool bedding as opposed to other materials. It has been the preferred choice of bedding for centuries. Usually, people opt for a cotton mattress topper or overlay. Memory foam and latex are popular options too, but these can either be an expensive option, or an acquired taste. However, if you need restful and peaceful sleep, it could be time to switch to one made of wool. Here I list the benefits of a woollen mattress topper.
The Top 9 Reasons
- Temperature: Wool is an all-natural fibre that unlike other synthetic fibres offers you breathability. It keeps you cool during summer and warm during winter. Hence you need not bother buying new covers to suit different seasons.
- Blend: There are different types of wool blends available to suit different styles and preferences. A woollen mattress topper is considered the epitome of luxury and indulges you to sleep deeply and restfully. The finest blend of wool in the world is the blend of Alpaca and British wool.
- Relaxation: When you lie on a woollen mattress you need not look for other methods to relax. No matter the reasons for insomnia you will fall asleep at once you lay on a woollen mattress.
- Ideal for bed sharing: It is common for married couples to have different preferences when it comes to bedding. But a wool mattress adapts itself to suit different people so it is an ideal choice for bed-sharing.
- Flame retardant: Wool fibres are very difficult to ignite and are effectively self-extinguishing in many cases. This eliminates the need for additional fire-resistant steps and treatments being added to products.
- Availability: Most UK department stores stock this type of bedding; it is far more abundant than latex, but not as much as fibre.
- Ideal for kids: Given the soft and natural composition, wool makes for a perfect choice to place above children’s mattresses, especially if they are migrating from a hard and cold waterproof membrane on their existing mattress.
- Price: The cost of wool products can vary significantly. Though more expensive than memory foam, it isn’t quite as much as latex.
- Hypoallergenic: Sheeps wool, in particular, is an anti-microbial, naturally hypoallergenic product, and therefore it is resistant to dust mites, mould, mildew, and bacteria growth. This is good news for allergy sufferers.
Not only are they competitively priced compared to other mattress toppers, but you can also see the benefits of using one made of wool.
So, switch over to a woollen mattress topper for your bed and sleep like a baby.
If you’d like to increase your collection of wool bedding, check out some more wool products available on the market and read about the pros and cons of using them.